Author Topic: Anyone still around  (Read 1927 times)

Offline dewen

• GW Veterans
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Eldelas Broadleaf
  • Mains Class: Ranger
  • Primary Alt: Dewen Swiftblade
  • Primary Alt's Class: Warrior
Anyone still around
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »
Is anyone still playing PvE with in the guild ? I've cancelled my Wildstar account due to lack of time, so looking to get back into one of mt F2P games. From LotRO, Rift and GW2, I think the latter fits me best. Anyone still playing, or should i seek a second guild. ( I wouldn't drop this guild totaly)

Offline Trodas

• Leadership Team
  • Captain
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Trodas Slystalker
  • Primary Alt: Troster Slystalker
Re: Anyone still around
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »
I've got all three games mentioned but haven't played any of them this year and am not expecting to. Four of us bought founders packs for Archeage back in May but as far as I know I'm the only one that's been playing continuously in the alpha and beta stages. I presume the others will be joining when the game goes live this autumn? They've been quiet on the subject for a while. I haven't bothered with guild membership myself for the testing stages but I'll want to be in one when the game goes live either by starting a TFA branch if the others are playing, or joining another guild, or resurrecting the Kill or Die name for the guild I ran in Fallen Earth a few years ago if not.

I'm enjoying Archeage as much or more than any of my previously favourite mmo's such as GW2, LotRO or pre CU SWG ten years ago. I expect to be playing it for a while yet.

Offline saloon12yrd

• Leadership Team
  • Captain
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Oldaric
  • Mains Class: Engineer
  • Primary Alt: Onak Paru
  • Primary Alt's Class: Thief
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »
I'm not in any MMOs for a while now but I wouldn't mind teaming up in any of World of Tanks, DCS World, Kerbal Space Program or Terraria. Once Elite: Dangerous is out you'll definitely find me there. A few others already own Elite from what I hear.

You find me on steam as saloon12yrd if you're interested.

Offline Xin

• Captain
  • 天皇陛下万歳!
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Xylia Longleaf
  • Mains Class: Ranger
  • Primary Alt: Xin Nix
  • Primary Alt's Class: Elementalist
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »
To do any kind of serious gaming i need a new pc. 
Will be buying one in a couple of months.  The wife wanted us to buy an iMac but i trying to talk it out of her head, not easy since we are very happy with the iPhone and iPad Air.  Anyways don't wanna burn myself in alpha's and beta's so i'm not playing any EQ or Archeage untill release and new pc.  The only game i'm truly looking forward too is Dragon Age Inquisition. 
This Destiny game on ps4 seems very tempting but i know i'm gonna be bad at it. If the new Fifa 15 is a total must have i might get myself a PS4 and postpone me new PC for abit and go for Dragon Age on the PS4, but doubting if the PS4 can render such a nice looking game properly.

Offline Jachen

• GW Veterans
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Jachen
  • Mains Class: Elementalist
  • Primary Alt: Lets see what names are left
  • Primary Alt's Class: Necro /Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
Not sure i'll ever play Gw2 again . Just seems like too much effort to get into it again. Really looking forward to Destiny and Dragon Age Inquisition. With EQ Next being available on Ps4 as well when it is released i'm not sure i can justify any more PC upgrades or purchases .

Offline Neirin

• GW Veterans
  • Captain
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Eleusian
  • Mains Class: Thief
  • Primary Alt: Iceni
  • Primary Alt's Class: Elementalist
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »
The PC is awesome and I enjoyed playing GW2. But, at the moment I am on a mmo break.

As more games become available for the PS4, my gaming time will become more PS4 focused. The main game I am waiting for is Dragon Age Inquisition, but I have pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Unity and I will probably pick up Destiny.

Offline Merovingian

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Main Character Name: Medh Maeb
  • Mains Class: Norn Warrior
  • Primary Alt: Muirrean Seoigh
  • Primary Alt's Class: Norn Guardian
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 04:07:22 PM »
The actual living story is fantastic, so yeah, I'm regularly coming back to continue it.

Offline Randomlampy

• GW Members
  • Captain
  • Nooooooooooo!
    • View Profile
    • Stews Pics
  • Main Character Name: Drasil
  • Mains Class: Warrior
  • Primary Alt: Bovii
  • Primary Alt's Class: Guardian
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
\o With a stupid baby and a incredible busy work schedule its been next to impossible to keep up with most things (especially the forum, bad lampy).

I've only ever dipped back in to GW2 a couple of times to join Rosh, Dom & Munkky on a crawl through WvW with Rosh's WvW guild and that was as much fun as ever (see: a busy effects strewn mess where you don't feel like you're achieving anything) it was a giggle though.

The PvE in GW2 mad me so disillusioned I doubt I'd ever be back.

Currently I'm enjoying Wildstar, the veteran dungeons are super tricky and huge fun, I've yet to complete the first one :)  Theres so much group content I've still not seen everything and its great to have a trinity style based game where you can run as a tank or healer or DPS depending on what you feel like.

Aside from that I've not really had the time to get into anything new (stupid baby) I have Elite dangerous but its going to be too much like real work to program the DS4 to control it, so I'm procrastinating about that (just ask Dom).  And of course big new thing will be Destiny and then Civilization beyond earth in october.